We All Need Supplements27/01/2017 2022-06-06 0:15
We All Need Supplements
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Many people still question the importance of taking supplements at all. Here are ten reasons to consider supplementing your diet with high-quality nutrients:
- Current commercial agriculture techniques leave soils deficient in important minerals, resulting in foods being deficient in minerals.
- Many foods are shipped long distances and are stored for long periods of time, both of which cause the depletion of vitamins in these foods, including the important B-complex and C vitamins.
- Food processing, cooking, and preserving leads to nutrient depletion in our food supply that makes it difficult to obtain adequate nutrition from foods alone. Often more than 70% of the nutrients are destroyed when food is processed.
- Many fruits and vegetables are genetically modified to improve visual appeal and crop yields, not nutritional value, which frequently results in lesser nutritional values than our ancestors’ food supply.
- Erratic eating habits, insufficient chewing of food, eating on the run, and stress contribute to poor digestion, making it difficult for our bodies to extract all the nutrients it needs from food.
- Pharmaceutical drug use has escalated over time. Most medications deplete essential nutrients, making people more vulnerable to deficiencies.
- Specific times in life and health conditions may result in higher needs of certain nutrients. For example, folic acid needs tend to be higher during pregnancy, while menopausal women may be vulnerable to calcium deficiencies.
- Increasing levels of environmental pollution in our air, water and food may cause our bodies to use more nutrients than normal to detoxify and eliminate harmful substances. This is especially true of the antioxidant vitamins, some of which include: the “ACE Vitamins:” Vitamins A, C, and E.
- We all have genetic weaknesses, including higher needs of some nutrients, higher rates of depletion for certain nutrients, and an increased likelihood of genetic expression of some illnesses if vitamin or mineral deficiencies are present.
- Many nutrients have been proven to prevent or aid in the treatment of health conditions like high cholesterol, arthritis, birth defects, and cancer. Check out my articles on the vitamins and minerals that help prevent cancer.
The majority of U.S. adults – 68 percent – take dietary supplements and consumer confidence remains high, with 84 percent of U.S. adults expressing overall confidence in the safety, quality and effectiveness of dietary supplements, according to the results of the newest survey commissioned by the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN).
The 2015 CRN Consumer Survey on Dietary Supplements, conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs, found that when it comes to safety, quality and effectiveness of specific dietary supplement categories, Americans have the most confidence in the “Vitamins & Minerals” category (85%).
Here is what they are taking – no comments required:[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”4522″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_single_image image=”4524″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_single_image image=”4525″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_single_image image=”4529″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Here is what people think about supplements in general:[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_single_image image=”4532″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”4533″ img_size=”full” alignment=”right”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”4534″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row]